Have a great day!:)
The December Newsletter is now available on the Classroom News page. I will also be sending home a paper copy either Friday or Monday.
Have a great day!:)
Tomorrow your child will be sent home with a free book, gifted by TD Bank Group to support reading at home. The book is called "Boy Soup" by Loris Lesynski and illustrated by Michael Martchenko. Many students recognized the illustrations since he often illustrates for Robert Munsch. We read the story last week and the students loved it! A big THANK YOU to TD Bank Group for their generous donation!
Just a reminder to everyone to read every night! We are only a few weeks away from the last day of our Home Reading Challenge. Quite a few students have already reached their goal of 100 books and are setting even higher goals! I am proud of each and every one of you! Keep up the great work!!:)
Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Just a reminder about some upcoming important dates:
1. GUIDED READING FOR FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!
2. Students are to wear pink on Thursday, November 21 in support of anti-bullying.
3. Report Cards will be sent home on Friday, November 22.
4. Book Orders are due Friday, November 22.
5. We will be having another spirit day on Monday, November 25 - Pajama Day! Wear your favourite pajamas, slippers, and bring a cuddly teddy bear. I am looking forward to this extra comfy day!:)
6. Our current FundScrip Fundraiser has begun and will continue until Friday, Dec. 6. This is a very important fundraiser as the teachers will have a decision in how the money is used. We currently have a "wish list" of items that I know would enhance student learning. Also, the top selling classroom will win a super exciting prize so please get selling!!!
7. CHRISTMAS CONCERT DATE: Our Grade 1A classroom will be performing in the Christmas Concert on Tuesday, Dec 17 in the afternoon and evening (details to follow). The Grade 1B classroom (Mrs. Wittal's) will be performing on Wednesday, Dec. 18. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!:)
8. I will no longer be away next Thursday and Friday since the training session has been moved to March.
9. Labels for Education - We are currently accepting Campbell's labels at MacNeill School. This program allows us to redeem points for educational resources. Please click here for more information. You may bring in any canned Campbell's brand food labels. Click here to find out more about eligible products.
As always, thank you so much for your support. I know the amount of information can be overwhelming. I try my best to post details as soon as I am notified so please check back often!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week!:)
I am sure most of you are aware of the devastating news of the horrible storm that hit the Philippines this weekend. I cannot even imagine the pain and loss that so many people are having to endure. I am reminded again of the many things in my life that I am grateful for, including your children. I wanted to include a few links to different websites in which donations can be made to help the relief effort. I understand not everyone can donate but raising awareness is always helpful, too.
World Food Programme
Thank you for reading. My thoughts are with all of those who were affected by this tragedy.
Please scroll down to read the other blog post that I created earlier this weekend.
1. I have added some new Learning Links, including Math and Language Arts games and some websites for parents. Please head on over to the Learning Links page to check it out!
2.I have uploaded quite a few photos and a video to our "Students" page so please check them out! I have been trying to upload pictures from our Pumpkin Celebration but have not been able to successfully do so. The website cannot seem to complete the upload. I will keep trying and let you know when the pictures are posted!
3. Please be sure to check out the MacNeill website for the November Newsletter (click link).
4. On Thursday, Nov. 14, I will be at the Board Office for New Teacher Orientation Part 3. I apologize for being away for so many meetings and training but this is part of being a new teacher!
5. We will be having a "Western" Theme Day on Friday, Nov. 15. Wear a plaid shirt, cowboy/cowgirl hat, jeans and boots.
6. Our next Assembly will be Monday, Nov. 18 and we are asking all students to wear Green and White in support of the Grey Cup.
Hope you all have a fantastic long weekend!
I apologize for not posting in awhile. I have been sick with strep throat since Friday and have been trying to catch up! Here are a few classroom updates:
1. I sent home a paper copy of the newsletter since it contains very important information and I wanted to ensure that everyone got a copy.
2. Book orders have just come in today and I will be sending them home tomorrow - so exciting!:)
3. Remembrance Day Assembly is tomorrow at 10:30. Parents are welcome to attend. I encouraged all students to wear neat clothing tomorrow since they will be performing a song in front of the whole school.
4. I will posting some new pictures throughout the week/ over the weekend, including a video we made of our Letter Factory actions!
5. Keep the theme folders coming, we are still missing a few!
6. UNICEF - The students participated in an assembly yesterday about raising money for UNICEF. In order to do this, we are asking students to bring nickels to school. You may also bring in larger amou I will be collecting them in a bucket and later counting them. I believe the class who raises the most money wins a prize, so bring in those donations!:)