1. SKATING - I will be sending home a note to volunteers on Wednesday but so far this is the plan. You may either meet us at the school at 12:45 to ride the bus OR meet us at the North West Leisure Center at 1:00. We will need a lot of help tying skates and helping students on the ice. Adults DO NOT have to wear skates to help students on the ice. However, all students on the ice MUST have skates and a helmet. Students who do not have skates will be doing a quiet activity on the bench. I will let you know if they should bring something from home. I may just bring something from the school for them to play with. A big thank you to all of the volunteers who have signed up so far!
A few students mentioned that they will not be at school Friday afternoon because of skating. I encourage everyone to still come, even if you are not skating. Please let me know if your child will not be returning to school for skating. We need to leave right at 12:45 and we don't want to wait for a student that is not coming.
2. CUPCAKE SALE/GUMBALL GUESS- RespectEd. will be having a cupcake sale on Wednesday, Feb. 5 during 10:30 recess. Cupcakes are $2.00. They will also be having a gumball guess on the same day. Students can pay $1.00 for two guesses. This will be a fun way to practise our estimating skills!
3. JERSEY DAY- We will be having another spirit day this Friday, Feb. 7. Students are welcome to wear a jersey to school in support of the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
4. SCHOOL NEWSLETTERS - MacNeill School's newsletter is now available on our website (click link). Our classroom newsletter is now on our blog (click link), as well.
5. 100th DAY OF SCHOOL - A note will be going home Wednesday about the celebration plans. We will need some volunteers for the celebration and will not be having Guided Reading that day. The celebration will begin at 9:30 and go until approximately 11:30.
6. GUIDED READING- Just a reminder that Guided Reading is now on Mondays and Thursdays because of the school day change (days 1-5).
7. CONCERT PICTURES - Thank you to Sheena for sending some photos from the Christmas Concert. Please feel free to share any that you may have taken! I have put them on the blog under "Students" (click link).
That's all for now but I know there will be more to add soon. I will continue to keep you updated as more plans begin to unfold!